Thursday, June 12, 2008

Muesli Concoction

This morning I tried something new for breakfast: Muesli! We're finally getting some 80 degree weather here, so I was able to eat in the garden. Absolutely lovely. If I could, I would always eat outside.


My muesli concoction featured oats, soy yogurt, vanilla soymilk, cinnamon, blueberries, and raspberries. I also cut up a banana and threw some of it in as well. It helped with the sweetness.


My opinion? I actually didn't think it was that great. Even though I let the mixture of oats soak in the fridge the night before, I still didn't like the uncooked flavor of them the next morning. It might've helped to squeeze in a bit of honey, but I didn't feel like going back inside the cold house just for that.

It wasn't bad though, and I might try a different combo of ingredients sometime in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ you, I was not a fan of cold oats either, and it didn't keep me full at all :(