Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Memorial Day Food

This year we had a barbeque at our house for Memorial Day. Two of my aunts came over to celebrate the day with us. This ended up being the day before I had my wisdom tooth removed, so my mouth was hurting pretty bad, but nevertheless, here are some food pics...

Dad thought it would be fun to have shish kabobs, so we did! Here they are, ready to go on the grill. Aren't they pretty?

Chicken with tomatoes, bell pepper, and mushrooms


Beef with onions and bell pepper


On the barbie


Huge strawberries that one of my aunts brought us.


A cold rice salad that Mom made. The recipe was taken from Cook's Country magazine.


A pan of brownies for dessert.


After we ate we went on a walk around the lake. Then by the time we got back Dad had set up our chocolate fondue fountain. We tested it out with the strawberries. Yum. Sadly I didn't think to get any pics of it. You'll have to use your imagination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had kabobs too on memorial day, yum!