Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cashew Coconut Pudding

Last week our food order arrived from the co-op. This time I ordered raw cashews (among other things) so I could try some more recipes from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.

A few days ago I made her recipe for cashew coconut pudding. It came out delish! I did soak the cashews for 8 hours before making it, because I'll do anything to make food easier on digestion. (Not to mention she recommends that step.)

IMG_3233IMG_3237

The only sad thing is that in the process of making this, I think I killed our blender. :-( Boohoo! *sobs* The motor died on me, so I had to finish it in the food processor. Thankfully it was already almost done.

This is the second blender of ours I've managed to kill. We used to have a nice Kitchen Aid one, but I dropped that one on the floor, and it shattered into a million pieces. Now our replacement is gone too. Sigh.

I've been craving a homemade smoothie ever since. 

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yum!!

Sorry about the blender :0( I highly recommend investing in a BlendTec blender.

Kristen's Raw said...

Cheers for raw food :) So happy you liked your raw vegan pudding! But so sad about your blender :(

Cheers,
Kristen

Kristen's Raw said...

Ahhh, and Veggie Girl is right on... the Blendtec ROCKS! I have both Vitamix and Blendtec and the Blendtec is the winner in my house :)