Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Breakfast Concoctions

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and hence the one that I photograph most often. The only thing is that I keep taking pics in the morning but forget to upload them to my computer. So today I have a few to post.

At Whole Foods last week, I found these waffles and decided to give them a try.


Ever since I had to eliminate dairy from my diet, waffles and pancakes just haven't been the same to me. So this time, I tried to add a little more flavor excitement with yogurt, a pear, and walnuts. Sure enough, it hit the spot!


This is the yogurt I used - a new-to-me brand. Not bad! Next time I want to try their other flavors.


I finished it off with the rest of my pear and some walnuts.


Another day last week I had one of my new favorite oatmeal combinations: oats made on the stove with soy milk and cinnamon, topped with ground flax seeds, walnuts, banana, blueberries (SOUR ones, bleh), and almond butter. Trust me, there IS oatmeal under there!


And finally, another day I had overnight swiss oats with oatmeal, soymilk, soy yogurt, walnuts, and banana. For this bowl I don't think I added enough yogurt to drown out the uncooked oats taste, but it was still good. I added some agave nectar near the end to add some sweetness.

No comments: