Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Nutrition Appointment

On Monday this week I had my nutritionist appointment. It went well, and I really like the lady I met with, so that was good. My assignment for the next two weeks is to work on protein and healthy fats. She gave me some handouts and snack ideas, and I thought I'd post them here.

Protein: Chicken, fish, turkey, peanut butter sandwiches (for snacks), low fat string cheese, egg whites, hard boiled eggs, soy yogurt, Ensure - High Protein, tofu, legumes and beans.

Healthy fats: Olives, olive oil, avocado, flax seeds, nuts (walnuts and almonds).

Other ideas:
  • Use Veganaise on sandwiches
  • Peanut butter/almond butter - on bananas, carrots, crackers, waffles, English muffins
  • Toffuti cream cheese on toast or bagels
  • Dried fruit on yogurt or cereal
  • Nuts in cereal, yogurt, salads, muffins
  • Cheese on sandwiches, veggie burgers, salads, whole grain crackers
  • Guacamole
  • Smoothies with soy milk and fruit
My next appointment is in two weeks, and I'm keeping a detailed food diary for her until then. I don't have time to post everything on here, but maybe I will once in awhile. :-)

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad that the first appointment went well!! Thanks for sharing the tips!!