Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Overnight Oats

Good morning! It has been so interesting having to keep a food diary for the past week and a half. It really helps me to balance out my meals and reminds me what else I need to eat that day. Not to mention it encourages me to add variety to my diet. Because I've been recording every meal, I'm now motivated to try to photograph and post here more often. We will see how that goes. :-)

This morning I had overnight swiss oats for breakfast. Last night I let soak in the fridge 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 cup soymilk, a couple tablespoons of walnuts, and some cinnamon. This morning I added about half a container of soy yogurt, 1/2 a banana, and a couple chopped Medjool dates.

It turned out to be so creamy and delicious! The dates really added the perfect chew and sweetness. I think other dried fruit like raisins or cranberries would have the same effect. Must remember that next time.

No comments: