Monday, September 8, 2008

Time for an Update

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it? Being sick for two weeks certainly had something to do with that. And then there's the whole procrastination thing...

I had a doctor's appointment last week and apparently I've been losing too much weight recently, which is having certain negative effects on me. So next week I have an appointment to see a nutritionist. I've never seen one before, so hopefully that will go well.

But now what you've all been waiting for - food pics! I took some of these a looooong time ago, and only just uploaded them today.

A new oatmeal creation (new to me, anyway):


Contains stove top oats made with soy milk and cinnamon. On top is ground flax seeds, banana, blueberries, walnuts, and a spoonful of almond butter. Yum.

******

Awhile ago I tried a new recipe for overnight oats and loved how it came out. This was much more delicious than the last time I tried making this.


The night before I ate this, I put 1/2 cup oats to soak in the fridge with soy milk, cinnamon, and walnuts. In the morning I added banana, blueberries, and soy yogurt. This was sooooo deliciously creamy and good! A real winner.

******

And finally, I'll leave you with a picture of a loaf of gluten free maple oat bread I made recently.

Recipe to come soon!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad to see you posting again!! I'm terribly sorry that you've been ill, and I DO hope that your meeting with the nutritionist goes well - good luck!!

Gorgeous oatmeal varieties!!

Did you say GLUTEN-FREE maple-oat bread?!?!?!! That's right up my alley!! :0)

David Maughan said...

I definitely want to try the peanut/almond butter in the oatmeal, and the overnight oats. They sound so GOOD!