Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Farmer's Market Finds

The Farmer's Market in our town is held every Sunday year-round. Since the weather has been warmer, I've been dying to go, especially since I drive past another Farmer's Market every Saturday morning on my way to work. I see all those people browsing, shopping, and it makes me jealous! They get to be outside in the warm sun, and I have to go to work in a cold dark office building. Sigh.

So last Sunday Dad and I went to the Farmer's Market after church. It was soooo much fun. This particular one is pretty big. Besides the rows and rows of produce for sale, there was also a pet adoption van with cats (no doggies), a clown making balloons, an arts and crafts table for kids, all different kinds of food places to eat at (Afghan, Indian, African, Chinese, Mexican, etc.), and more. There was also live music with a band playing and tables set up for people to eat at. So fun!

We ended up getting peaches, green beans, artichokes (one of my favorite foods in the whole world), and raspberries. We also got some plants to start our vegetable garden! A beefstake tomato, a tomatillo, a pepper, and a pickling cucumber (sorry I didn't get a pic of those yet!).

1 comment:

niaodian said...

A gooooood day!
:-)