Monday, May 19, 2008

Food Co-op Goodies

Here are some of the goodies we got in our food order from the co-op last week:

Left to right: Hemp seeds (full of Omega 3's), sorghum flour (gluten-free), sunflower seeds, and quinoa flakes (kind of like oatmeal).

**********

I tried the quinoa flakes for breakfast the other day, and wow! I was surprised at how yummy they came out as hot cereal! I ended up eating my bowl plain with nothing on it because the flavor was so good.

Here's how I cooked it: I brought 1 cup of soymilk to a boil on the stove, then dumped in about 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes in the boiling milk. I let it cook for 3 minutes. As it cooks, it turns into a porridge-like mixture. It's a very quick process!

**********

This is something else we got with our order: Amy's frozen meals. Here's the scrambled tofu:

Yum!

**********

Last week I also used the sorghum flour to make blueberry muffins. The flavor of sorghum flour is sweeter than wheat flour. Quite good!

No comments: