Tuesday, July 1, 2008

2nd Breakfast

I already posted this on my other blog, but I'll post it here too. For breakfast yesterday I made a hot, bubbling pot of quinoa flakes and enjoyed that by myself on the couch before anyone else in my house was up. Yes, it's July 1st, but we're still having foggy cold mornings, so hot cereal works. It's cozy, and it reminds me of winter, which reminds me of Christmas!

By about 9:30, it was time for "2nd Breakfast!" (you have to say that phrase with an English accent just like Pippin - or was it Merry?) On Sunday I bought cherries at the farmers market, and I wanted to have them with oatmeal. So I made oatmeal with plain soymilk, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and topped it with a cherry compote and a drizzle of agave nectar.

On the side of my plate in the pic below are some extra cherries that are kind of hidden by the bowl. I also have more compote in a bowl that's not pictured. I like being able to put it on when I want, so that not every bite is overloaded with fruit. Sometimes I like spoonfuls of plain oats in between bites of oats with fruit. It cleanses the palate!


Mmm, cherry goodness.

No comments: