Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Not-Hungry Kind of Morning

This morning I woke up around 6ish and kept opening and closing my eyes, trying to rest, but not fall back asleep. Last night I stayed up later than usual reading in bed. Not good, but I knew I had to get up, so I did and did devotions.

I finally got out of bed at 6:25 to take a shower. But instead of going downstairs afterwards, I stayed in my room getting ready for the day and listening to a sermon mp3. I didn't feel hungry for breakfast.

See, if I eat too late at night after dinner, I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a tummy ache. That's what happened last night. Sigh. In the morning my stomach will still be bothering me, hence the not hungry feeling.

At 7:30 I finally went downstairs and had something easy on digestion: a peeled nectarine. (I peeled it after the photo.)

IMG_2968

By about 8:45 I knew I should have a real breakfast, even though I still didn't feel hungry, so I made quinoa flakes. Only as it turned out, we were completely out of bowls. They were all in the dishwasher. After searching the cupboards, I finally found our Bunnykins bowls! My sisters and I used these china bowls when we were toddlers! Such memories...

IMG_2971

IMG_2974

I just might have to use it every morning from now on.

******

Here are some more food pics from yesterday that I just uploaded this morning:

Soy mint marble fudge ice cream with vegan chocolate pound cake (from Whole Foods)

IMG_2960

Soy yogurt with fruit (bananas, blackberries, and grapes) and honey:

IMG_2962

IMG_2965

That's all for now!

No comments: