Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Amy's Indian Mattar Tofu

Last night I had my first real meal - something soft and easy to chew: Amy's Indian Mattar Tofu (pardon the picture - this meal is not photogenic. )

IMG_3179

I've had this frozen meal once before. It's not spicy, which is just how my tummy likes it. Last night it took me thirty minutes to get it down. My jaw was sore for at least two hours after I ate, but it was so nice to be able to eat vegetables again!!

I really like the Amy's products for their healthy, organic ingredients. I appreciate all the dairy-free and gluten-free variations they sell. I've tried Amy's DF & GF pizzas (so good!), tamale pies, tofu scramble, mac & cheeze, and tamale verde. My favorite so far is probably the Rice Crust Spinach Pizza (DF & GF).

If I had one complaint about the meals it would be that many of them have a watery taste after microwaving. But I doubt that can be helped, since they're frozen meals after all. The pizzas and mac & cheeze don't have this problem. I wonder if cooking the others in the oven would make a difference. Most of the time I'm not that patient. :-)

Later on in the evening I made smoothies for my parents and I. Yum. There's no picture though because I didn't feel like going upstairs to get my camera. Still low on energy. I'm working on that.

No comments: