Friday, July 25, 2008

Vanilla Coconut Shake

This morning my mommy made a smoothie for me out of my new cookbook, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.

This is the vanilla coconut shake on page 50.

IMG_3138

She halved the recipe for me, since it says it makes 4 servings, and I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

The verdict? I liked the flavor of it that the pecans added, but the texture was a tad gritty. Possibly because we don't have a super powerful blender? I'm not sure. I think if I was able to chew then it would've been okay, but since I can't, it was a little hard to get it down just by swallowing.

It definitely needed the extra ice that we added to it. The mixture wasn't very thick, so next time we might also add a frozen banana to help it out.

P.S. See my green blankie? Smoothies always make me cold! Even though it's summer, we've been having an awful lot of cold foggy mornings lately.

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I used to have that same problem with the grittiness; but now that I have a BlendTec blender, I don't run into that problem anymore - it's a great investment!! Eek, I sound like an infomercial, haha - I swear I'm telling the truth!! :0)