Friday, July 25, 2008

Whole Foods Loot

The day before I had my wisdom tooth taken out, my mom and I went on a fun shopping trip to Whole Foods. That just figures, doesn't it? We got a whole bunch of yummy things, and now I have to wait at least a week before having them!

Well, here's some of what we got:

IMG_3122

IMG_3119 

This includes tapioca hamburger buns (GF), dried shredded coconut, raw carob cookies, a cupcake from the bakery, quinoa flakes, maple almond crunch granola planks, Power Flax bars (w/ cranberries & currants), blueberry oat bran muffins, tofu veggie burgers, oat groats, buckwheat groats, dates, soymilk, a vegan almond jam thumbprint cookie from the bakery, a thai wrap, 4 Clif Kids Z Bars (2 peanut butter, 2 honey graham), a Clif Nectar bar, a Kookie Karma bar (banana bread flavored), and 3 Amy's frozen meals (All American Veggie Burgers, Indian Mattar Tofu, and Asian Noodle Stir Fry).

Here's a picture of the cupcake I got:

IMG_3126 

The sign in the bakery counter said that this was a vegan cupcake, but when we got home I realized that the sticker on the box said it was something different. Great. So I tried a few bites, and the cupcake part was extremely dry and the frosting bothered my tummy, so I concluded it probably had dairy in it. We tossed it out. We don't usually get disappointments like that from Whole Foods. Surprising.

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I just returned home from Whole Foods :0)

Ahh, that's terrible about the cupcake!! You should definitely report that to the manager at Whole Foods.