Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Monday

Good morning and happy Monday! It's an especially happy Monday for me, because I don't have to work today! My schedule got switched around this week, so I don't have to go in till Thursday. Woohoo. I love starting a new week out this way.

This morning I got up at 6:15. My poor mommy has to go in for jury duty today, so she was up early too.

Yesterday we had some really cold, windy, yucky weather, and last night big dark clouds started rolling in, so it's back to wearing long sleeve shirts, lots of layers and sweatshirts for me. Boo. For breakfast I made a hot bowl of oat bran with brain fuel - aka ground flaxseed.

IMG_3093

After I did my dishes, I decided to make a cup of tea and work on my Balancing the Sword Bible study downstairs on the couch. What a sweet time it was to sit at the feet of Jesus this morning and receive spiritual food from Him to strengthen me for the coming day. 

IMG_3094

Later on in the morning I made a smoothie. We have a lot of fresh fruit in our house right now. All the peaches on our peach tree are ripe, and we filled up at the farmer's market yesterday.

Today's concoction included peaches, strawberries, banana, a plum, and soymilk. It turned out a lovely shade of pink:

IMG_3100

Ta-ta for now. I'm off to get some writing done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your smoothie and it's cup are very pretty!!