Saturday, July 12, 2008

Horseback Riding Day

This morning my alarm went off at 5:45, and I think I turned it off in my sleep. I've been prone to do that once or twice in my life. At 6:09 my eyes opened again, and I realized what day it was. Horseback riding day!

My sister takes horseback riding lessons every Saturday, and usually I don't get to go watch because I have to work. But today the lesson was an hour earlier due to the heat, so I got to go! We had to leave at 6:50.

For breakfast I had a warmed up gluten-free bun with some raspberry jam on top. I was going to have it with apple butter, but found some disgusting mold in the jar, so jam it was. Sorry, no pic.

While my parents and I watched the lesson, I ate a Clif Nectar bar. I've never had one of these before, but saw them at the grocery store and decided to give them a try.


The verdict? I don't think I'll try this flavor again. For me the taste of the dates was too sweet. Normally I like a lot of cinnamon, but mixed with the dates it was just too overpowering. I will say that the bar definitely kept me full until we got home.

This is the horse my sister rides: Terra (short for Terracotta). She's so pretty!


We got back home from the equestrian academy at 9:30. I barely had time to whip up a bowl of oatmeal before heading to work.

Today's bowl featured: oats, soymilk, cinnamon, ground flaxseed, a cut up nectarine, blueberries, Bear Naked granola with freeze dried berries, and agave nectar. After I made it, I realized I forgot to add the pinch of salt that everyone says makes such a difference in flavor. There is always something I forget. Tomorrow.


All mixed up

No comments: